Thursday, September 23, 2010

Progress...

Received a letter from the HR woman about the library job today, just a generic 'thanks for your application, we will be in touch with you if we would like to interview you' etc., but at least it was actually addressed to my, by my 'preferred name', even, so it's good to know that my application/CV weren't so terrible that they were immediately binned. Fingers crossed this is the start of something good.

In other news, I've had my first serious proposal of post-home living. I had been planning to move out of home around Feb/March of next year, preferrably into a place by myself, but I'm starting to realise the considerable expense of that option. A really good friend has mentioned that her parents are looking at a long term vacation, and if she can fill her house with 3 or 4 other tennants, she can stay there while her parents are away. I've never been terribly keen on the idea of living with other people (aside from a spouse), as I am quite independent, and like to be on my own schedule, but I really love this girl, and I do suppose that the whole 'flatting' phenomenon really is a necessary life-experience. At least the house would already be fully furnished, with all services already organised.

Growing up brings about so many decisions that need to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment